It is no more news that ASUU Strike have been called off and as such expecting to resume school soon.
In an emergency meeting held on Friday 8th February 2019 between the Dean of Student of the University of Benin and the entire Mayors and Mayoreses in the University of Benin, the Dean of student brought to the notice of the Mayor's the following notice and modalities and we enjoin every student of the University of Benin to take note of them.
1. Hostel fumigation and maintenance have commenced already in all Halls of residence in the University of Benin and all rooms in our Hostels are to be repainted by the school management.
On this note the Dean of Student has ordered that the placing of Wallpapers inside rooms (most especially in female Hostels) is now highly prohibited this because it serves as hideout for Bedbug's. Hence, anyone caught in this act will be sub-charged and made to face disciplinary Committee.
2. Placing of POSTERS on Hostel Walls is now highly prohibited. This is because it defaces the walls and make them unappealing to the eyes.
He therefore warned that any body, group, organisation whose poster is found on any wall of various Halls of Residence will be brought to book.
3. Fabric Foams are no longer allowed in any Hostel in the University of Benin.
Henceforth Students are to use MACKINTOSH FOAMS.
Such Foams will be made available for sale at the various Halls of residence at a discount price. Tailors will be made available too at various Halls of residence to help student cover their Foams with Mackintosh at a subsidized cost.
Alternatively, Students who can't afford this can come with their own MACKINTOSH FOAM while coming from Home.
4. More Hostel spaces for Hall 3 and 4 will be uploaded tonight or tomorrow, Students can therefore start booking online while reserved Hostels (NDDC, HALL 5, HALL 6) will be uploaded next week Monday.
The Dean also advised that students should always check the University Portal as informations will be uploaded there.
6. The school management totally disapproves the selling of Hostel spaces, any Student caught in this act will be made to face Disciplinary Committee.
Hon. Osagiede Esther
(Mayores, Hall 1)
Hon. Okunbor Precious
(Mayores, Hall 2)
Hon. Okungbowa Alfred
(Mayor Hall 3)
Hon. Imatitikua Sylvester
(Mayor, Hall 4)
(Mayor Hall 5 male)
Hon. Chukwuma Anita
(Mayores, Hall 5 female).
Hon. Edokpolor Bridget Orhue.
(Mayores, Hall 6)
Hon. Efe Erasmus
(Mayor, NDDC Male).
Hon. Victory Omoregbe
(Mayores, NDDC female)
Hon. Isi. Ikhuoria.
(Mayor, Keystone Hostel)
(Mayor Clinical students Hostel)
(Mayor Ekenhuan Campus male Hostel)
Hon. Oghogho Hope
(Mayores, Ekenhuan Campus female Hostel)